The WinCN 3.2 software is intended for creation of architectures of the computer control and supervisory systems of the power supply equipment and other accompanying equipment. The software flexibility enables creation of the supervisory system architecture suitable for any organizational structure.
The basic system task is automatic collection of failure reports or reports including information on status of the equipment operation from the supervised sites. From the Supervisory Centre it is also possible to establish communication with any site to read present operating parameters of the equipment. Moreover, the data are registered cyclically in real time. The system also provides control of the chosen equipment functions and setting of the equipment operating parameters. The range of the control functions depends on the type of the local supervisory controller to be used in the equipment.
By using the appropriate transmission lines the Supervisory Centre WinCN 3.0 enables a continuous control and supervision of any equipment being installed at a site. The following equipment can be supervised:
- DC or AC power supply system,
- generating set,
- air conditioner,
- DC and AC distribution board,
- fire protection system,
The application WinCN 3.2 works in the client-server architecture with the possibility of using data concentrators. Thanks to this it possible to communicate with a large number of sites (e.g. 1000 sites). The application can be installed as:
- data concentrator (KD).
The software WinCN 3.2 consists of two programs:
The DATABASE contains basic and detailed information concerning the supervised systems with history of events. In this part of application there two autonomous databases:
- Configuration database: stores data concerning quantity, type and configuration of all pieces of equipment and sites. It contains information regarding:
- supervised equipment: manufacturer, type of equipment, production year, factory number basic configuration (e.g. number and type of the supervised signals)
- manufacturers and service centres: name of company, its address and contact data, name and surname of the contact person etc
- signals: type and connections with the particular pieces of equipment
- sites: information concerning their localizations, access method (communication module telephone number etc.), equipment included in the site with configuration of signals
- other data: maps, areas, users with their authorizations, application settings etc
- Event history database: stores data concerning all the events occurred in the supervised systems and sites. Additionally, the necessary information on site configuration is stored. It ensures to retrace the site status precisely at a specific moment. The architecture of event history database provides immediate answer to the questions which enable quick and precise analysis concerning failure frequency of the equipment or external factors affecting correct operation of the system (for example information on number of mains failures in a particular area, total time of those failures etc.).
The TERMINAL is responsible for:
- configuration of data transmission parameters
- receiving and sending data from / to any communication
module by using any communication lines. The terminal is able to operate
many different lines at the same time.
For transmission the TERMINAL uses several types of communication lines:
- switched lines (modem)
- logical network (TCP/IP)
- wireless network (GSM)
- serial port RS232